Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-01-19

Capture The Moment

Keeping an art journal is like having a very special diary in which you can express yourself with not just words but also images, paints, colors and many more...
It's also a perfect way to collect all the special moments we would like to remeber forever...


Hello dear mixed-media experimenters!

I'm sure you won't be surprised if I tell you that I want to share with you my next art journal page. I just couldn't resist, I really love art journals...
And this page is super special to me because I made it in great company with somebody who has changed my life.
And that is what's so amazing about art journals. With colors and textures you can capture a moment in time that you might forget one day. It's like diary but better of course.


I prepared a very simple background with few pieces of papers and White Gesso.
Then, I played a little bit with one of my favorite Finnabair's stencils using Modeling Paste. After a few moments I added some embellishments, the picture, doodling and watercolor paints. 
I glued all the heavy elements  using 3D Gloss Gel which is the best glue for that kind of things. But to add a little bit of sparkle with Copper Glass Glitter, I used Soft Matte Gel.


As you can see, it's very simple and based on layering (paints, embellishments and colors).
But I think it doesn't have to be very fancy to be interesting and to help you remember some special feeling, or a moment or even one word that somebody said.


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and lovely art journal page - with lots of texture! I haven't started my journal yet - but will very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore !!!! Je vais sûrement essayer................

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the dimensions and textures. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous, love the ink running over the texture - fabulous pages!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.